What is Charcuter-ish? Well, it’s British charcuterie!
This week some top producers from all four corners of this green and pleasant land descended on the School to share experiences and ideas on all things cured meat.
A fun and informative day was had by all as the producers gathered around the butcher’s block, along with our current butchery and charcuterie diploma students and even two of our graduates to chew the fat.
Hosted by the salty queen herself, Kate Hill, there was a meaty agenda discussing the emerging British charcuterie scene and how producers can work together to meet the demand for home-grown cured meat products.
Obviously, no meeting of this kind can be hosted without a grand tasting – and boy was it grand!
Those who signed our school register included:
- Illtud Dunsford – Charcutier
- Ian Whitehead – Suffolk Salami
- Jules Jackson – De-lish
- Matthew Bedell – Native Breeds & Fat Food Taxi
- Lee Moreton -Dorset Charcuterie
- Sally & Jeremy – Forest Pig
- Henrietta Green – Food Lovers Britain
- Michael Boyle -Welbeck Farm Shop
We’re all very keen on meeting again, in the not too distant future. If you’d like to find out more or join us, leave a comment below…